We’re happy to finally again be able invite you to the annual WFIS Workshop, organised by our association ‘De Gule Spejdere i Danmark’. It’ll be at Arresøcentret, Frederiksværk https://www.arresoe.dk/ in a beautiful area north of Copenhagen, about 1.5 hours from the airport by public transport. We can offer to pick you up/drop you off from Frederiksvaerk train station. Rejseplanen will help you find public transport connections – it can be downloaded as an App for smartphones too, and does German/English as well as Danish:) If you need help finding the best connection, please email us, and we’ll try our best to help. Unfortunately, we’re not able offer you to arrive earlier or stay longer at Arresø – but we’re happy to assist you on finding accommodation, if you want to visit out beautiful country for longer.
Arrival from Friday 15:30 - Closing ceremony Sunday 9:00 - Scout Market till 12:00
Registration on link below by 31th July 2022
Participation fee is €65/person – for that you’ll get:
* Pick up/drop off at Frederiksværk Station, accommodation, meals from Friday dinner till Sunday breakfast including tea/coffee/water/squash, all activities.
* You need to bring your own sleeping bag
In the evening it’ll be possible to buy fizzy drinks and beer/wine – you can pay by €notes, but change will be Danish Kroner. Due to our laws and insurance, we need to let you know, that if you bring any young people under the age of 18, you’re responsible for looking after them and their safety at all times.
Optional Outing on Sunday morning - €10
If you wish, after closing ceremony we will take you to see the impressive Bassebjerg Loghouse, home of Grib Skov Trop – our largest group.
From there, we’ll take you to Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød. You can walk round the gardens for free as long as you like, but entrance to the castle buildings and National History Museum is €10.
For your onwards journey from there, you’ll find train connections between Hillerød Station and Copenhagen/airport 4x/hour.
There’ll be a morning and an afternoon session, some of them can end up running double sessions, but as most have limited space, we’ll recommend that you to put in 2 wishes when you register – we’ll then try our very best to make everybody happy
* Wickerwork – Small useful items from willow.
* Leatherwork – Little gadgets like woggles, key hangers, wristbands, pouches …and learn techniques to decorate the leather.
* Rope Making – Learn how to make lines as well as thicker ropes …on machinery that is relatively simple to build.
* Spare time activities with rope – such as woggle, key hanger, splicing, placemats.
* Blacksmith – Make little things on an oldfashioned forge such as candle holders, buckle for campfire blanket or knife blades. We can make one shipment/country with any sharp items, which you’re not allowed to bring as hand baggage on your return flight.
* Raft Building – Build a raft from poles, barrels and rope …and race the Canadian canoe on the lake. If you’re planning to fall in, you probably need to bring dry clothes :)
* Pioneering – have fun with sisal and pioneering poles
* Tree Climbing – We’ve got certified instructors to facilitate climbs with harness and rope
* Open fire cooking - building and lighting fires to cook typical Danish food ...including cooking a roast for dinner in a ground pit.
The online booking system will ask you to fill in the following information:
* Name, group, association, country
* If you’d like to purchase a €10 T-shirt – they’ll be dark grey with the workshop logo
* If you want to join Sunday morning outing
* 2 wishes for workshops
* Any special dietary requirements are very important to put down on the booking form.
That includes vegan, vegetarian, nuts/lactose/gluten or any other, which we haven’t thought of. We’ll then make you a personal Diet-ID card, to make sure, that we can identify and meet the special requirements you may have.
In Denmark we don’t have a long tradition for being vegetarian, but we know how to cook it, and we’re happy to do so – but it’s important that you know, that the vegetarian option will be available only for the ones who’s told us beforehand.
If you’ve got any problems on the register system or other questions, we’ll try our best to help you.
Workshop Denmark 23th-25th September 202200